Saturday, October 25, 2014

Old Sturbridge Village

My favorite season is definitely Fall. Living on a tropical island, I never realized just how much I love and miss Fall in New England. That being said, while "home" this fall, I took every opportunity to be outdoors and enjoy the weather. While looking for somewhere to walk around, my mom and i decided to take a trip to Old Sturbridge Village: an outdoor history museum located in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. It depicts a rural 1830's New England town. It's a neat place to walk around and pretend that you are living in the 1800s!



I can't remember whose house this was; each house or shop had an explanation to who lived/worked there and what their job was (shoe maker, barrel maker, potter, farmer, blacksmith, etc.) 

Sheep friends


My mom, in the school house… Those kids must have been cold, come winter time!



making a cow friend, of course

A bedroom inside one of the farm houses

more sheep friends

A wool mill







No comments:

Post a Comment